The Official Blog of Contributed Line, LLC
(c) Kevin Mahler, 2020
Updated as inspiration strikes.
How Contributed Line is Helping Clients During the COVID-19 Pandemic
A lot of digital ink has been spilled already about the impact of the pandemic on nonprofit fundraising, and I know you all have been receiving a lot of eNewsletters and Special Messages from experts and consultants. I will keep this brief.
First, I hope you and your loved ones are safe and well. I hope you are taking care of yourself and finding moments of joy and happiness.
By now, you have already scheduled some virtual events, issued some statements, made drastic changes to your programming, and even talked with a few donors. Maybe you have even sent out a fundraising email or posted a message on social media.
You are doing great work, but you are wondering about how your fundraising will change over the next few months.
- How do you need to adapt?
- What do you need to let go of?
- How does your website need to change?
- How do you position your organization to benefit from the outpouring of generosity?
At least one thing has not changed: I love helping nonprofits establish the practices that help them reach new levels of donor engagement.
Here are some projects that Contributed Line has been working on in the past week:
- Creating an unprecedented fund for unemployed or underemployed hospitality workers in crisis
- Shifting a longstanding 5k/carnival event to a virtual, online event
- Helping plan a capital campaign for a organization with a aging building
- Assembling information for a grant application helping kids and families in Ecuador as that country faces the same challenges we do here in the United States
Here are some ways that Contributed Line can help you:
- Write the grant applications you had intended to complete in the coming weeks and months
- Write fundraising messaging for your website, e-blasts, and other communications
- Create and deploy plans for multichannel digital fundraising
- Develop revenue-generating programs to replace projected lost revenue
- Co-write appeals to new funding opportunities that have arisen as a result of this crisis
- Fill gaps in your fundraising plan or organizational operations
These are just a few options. Let’s talk on the phone (or zoom!) and start working on solutions.
Your compassion and your innovation is the reason your organization has been successful. Let’s build on your strength and keep your organization going.
We are going to get through this together! Your community still needs you.
Stay safe and keep up the great work,
Contributed Line, LLC